• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Human rights and the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    what is the logic behind that - and where would duck/quail/ squirrel feature in the inflation league
    Faster turnover I'm guessing?

From birth, a chicken is ready for the pot sooner than a cow.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Reading the news on various new papers. Why is the UK intent on becoming so much like 1930's Germany?

Last week passing a law that ensures the surveillance on individuals is most intense of anywhere in the EU.
      Inflation out of control, massive debts.
      Extradite any UK citizen at the request of a US court without evidence.
      Boris is buying a water cannon.

Hysterical pish.

Comment

I just love the last line in the image 'UK Essentials' and the 2nd and 3rd items...Tobacco and Alcohol
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          I just love the last line in the image 'UK Essentials' and the 2nd and 3rd items...Tobacco and Alcohol
          Makes you proud doesn't it?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Reading the news on various new papers. Why is the UK intent on becoming so much like 1930's Germany?
            And Britain's most popular party on social media (primarily Facebook) is...Britain First. They have more likes than any other political party. I'm not too sure how, or why, although they seem to be pretty good at creating certain types of viral content (it often cleverly disguises its online campaigns as support for the Armed Forces or against animal cruelty) which don't always show who's behind it thus people 'like' it. Personally I think: https://www.facebook.com/britianfirst is better
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

They are more essential in mainland Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                what is the logic behind that - and where would duck/quail/ squirrel feature in the inflation league
                It's because chickens are born, fed, and killed to be eaten in an incredibly short span of time. For cows and the like that time period is much greater.
                When the price of grain or whatever they eat goes up, you see it reflected in chickens almost instantly, whereas with beef theres a latency.

I would guess ducks and quails are similar? I don't know how they are raised. Squirrels prices are more sensitive to Acute Oak Decline than they are to general food prices.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  They are more essential in mainland Europe.
                  Then show us the equivalent set of figures...

Comment

Then show us the equivalent set of figures...
                    Look them up yourself you thick lazy twunt.

Smoking and drinking per head of population.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      Look them up yourself you thick lazy twunt.

Smoking and drinking per head of population.
                      I already know them but that's not the point of this thread is it? The point, in case you didn't understand it, was to do with inflation and I found it rather humorous that 'UK Essentials' included booze and fags

Comment

Working...
                      X