• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

broadband

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send winblow to the bin and install Linux.

More seriously, you can install a dual-boot.

Comment

Don't surf using an XP account with admin level. Set a limited account and use that when surfing.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
        Not BT Broadband is it? I had no end of trouble with them.
        I had to use a BT ADSL line (without a router, for various reasons) last year at a client site. My firewall recorded over 1000 attempted intrusions in a single day. Personally I wouldn't touch BT with a tulipty stick, but if you must, for Gods sake use a router, pref one with a decent firewall built in.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Cheers all, it's not through BT. Will look at a wireless router, might be useful anyway as got a laptop and want to work around the house. Looks like I will have to scrub it first to clean it up

Comment

Working...
          X