• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone at M&S?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sal View Post
    I'd like to think it's even a requirement for advancement, let alone barrier.
    I bet she loathes contractors too.

Comment

I did a stint at M&S Stockley Park some years ago - eventually some head bobbers took over the core infrastructure support, they left some poor UK manager in charge to oversee the transition and almost from day one there were "issues" ... in the end I had to feel sorry for him trying to polish a turd but couldn't help but feel he was being set up

I'd heard they eventually bought the support function back to the UK after 18 months

Memories of M&S...
      The bus shuttle to and from Paddington was a great place to have a nap / kill some time - being stuck in London traffic and being paid for it... nice
      M&S stationary cupboard was well worth looting
      Paddington office was a nice place to hold lots of meetings
      Totty in the Paddington office was worth the visit
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Laura Wade-Gery

not even a 8 pinter

Hmmm...

Comment

I was there until end of jan. Place is a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Memories of M&S...
            The bus shuttle to and from Paddington was a great place to have a nap / kill some time - being stuck in London traffic and being paid for it... nice
            ^This. Is a proper review of a clientco. Well done that Troll

Comment

I did a stint at M&S Stockley Park some years ago - eventually some head bobbers took over the core infrastructure support, they left some poor UK manager in charge to oversee the transition and almost from day one there were "issues" ... in the end I had to feel sorry for him trying to polish a turd but couldn't help but feel he was being set up

I'd heard they eventually bought the support function back to the UK after 18 months

Memories of M&S...
              WHS esp the latter. Female dress code seems to be 'informal cocktail party';-) And the staff restaurant
              My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

By "Brought Back" you mean imported the technical staff from India. They didn't re-create the technical function with UK staff or contractors. M&S has about 300 - 400 TCS/Congnizant staff at its IT headquarters in Stockley park.

If someone ever tightened up the Visa rules they'd be absolutely screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                  By "Brought Back" you mean imported the technical staff from India. They didn't re-create the technical function with UK staff or contractors. M&S has about 300 - 400 TCS/Congnizant staff at its IT headquarters in Stockley park.

If someone ever tightened up the Visa rules they'd be absolutely screwed.
                  that ain't going to happen.

why would we want UK tax payers?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'm going there for some lunch later, why?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                      M&S has about 300 - 400 TCS/Congnizant staff at its IT headquarters in Stockley park..
                      I can only imagine the state of the toilets now

Comment

Working...
                      X