• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CJRS - Discretionary 'Commsion'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
    is the real issue thats theres nothing in it for the umbrella, theyre doing work to process the furlough payment without gettinh their grubby mitts on any money
    Call me naive, but is there any reason why the UC cannot continue to charge a fee to cover their liabilities, i.e. apprenticeship levy, leave accrual (most of which comes back to the employee anyway) and administration?

I know 100% of HMRC payment must go to the employee as pay, but any fee could be after this and may just be a modification of the terms in which we pay the UC fee already.

I for one, would rather get something than nothing, even at NMW rates (though preferably my normal rate ).

Whats in it for the UC? - goodwill and continuity...

Comment

Originally posted by LiviHam View Post
      Call me naive, but is there any reason why the UC cannot continue to charge a fee to cover their liabilities, i.e. apprenticeship levy, leave accrual (most of which comes back to the employee anyway) and administration?

I know 100% of HMRC payment must go to the employee as pay, but any fee could be after this and may just be a modification of the terms in which we pay the UC fee already.

I for one, would rather get something than nothing, even at NMW rates (though preferably my normal rate ).

Whats in it for the UC? - goodwill and continuity...
      UCs charge a fee anyway to cover their admin, trouble is..its pretty low..sometimes £10 a week, guess they could raise it although whether they could do it mid-contract I dont know...I assume there is a mechanism for it to rise the same as most bills.

Comment

According to your original post, the contract says "you may be entitled to commission" (my bolding), which perhaps gives the agency the wiggle room.

Bear in mind, no company has to furlough staff, so I don't think there is anything you can do.

Comment

andydd68 - NMW x 80% is approx. £245 take home per week, and is available until the end of June (not sure if this can still be backdated to 1st March or if this is already lost...). I think scope to cover any admin etc. and still come out well ahead of other benefits and without the hassle.

Any contract detail can be amended subject to employment law and mutual agreement, so I believe there is no reason why the amount could not reflect actual UC liabilities.

Comment

Off topic posts moved to General.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
            X