• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£50K Interest Free Loan for 12 Months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andydd68 View Post
    Well..surely its subject to usual ltd/hmrc rules now its in your account..my understanding is that it cant be used for dividends ?
    It's yours to do with as you see fit for your company. If you have the retained profits but lack the cash then, yes, you could use it for a dividend.

Comment

Odd computer still says no to me for Barclays. I wonder if they see money still coming in and auto refuse an application as my co has not been adversely affected
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
        Odd computer still says no to me for Barclays. I wonder if they see money still coming in and auto refuse an application as my co has not been adversely affected
        I doubt it, but has it been adversely affected?

I assume you don't have an odd SIC code or weird set-up.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
          I seriously doubt thats the case. Whether or not you're adversely affected is a self-assessment. The banks have no responsibility to verify this so I don't see why they would.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            It's yours to do with as you see fit for your company. If you have the retained profits but lack the cash then, yes, you could use it for a dividend.
            I'm bringing mine to the CUK Christmas Meet - double or nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              I'm bringing mine to the CUK Christmas Meet - double or nothing.
              Let's hope Tarbs doesn't get wind of that... you'll definitely end up with nothing

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Let's hope Tarbs doesn't get wind of that... you'll definitely end up with nothing
                Double or nothing you say ???

I’m in

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I'm just looking at doing this as I'll be benched from Monday due to my project being shelved because of Covid.

I'm wondering who I should apply to seeing as I have CA (Santander) business account and a Halifax (HBOS) personal account.

I'd have thought Satander was the way to go but their website and chatbot is telling me:

You can apply for a Bounce Back Loan if you only have a Santander personal current account that you use for your business. You’ll need to provide a copy of your full 2018/19 self-assessment tax return, and additional information.
                  Surely they will want to see annual accounts for the company as it's a business loan to my company?

They're not going to see my turnover from my personal tax return... I might talk to CA and see what they say - unless anyone else has already?

*EDIT* Spoke to CA and there is no link between Santander and CA for this.
                  Last edited by Jog On; 14 May 2020, 10:27.
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Long time, lurker here.

I applied to HSBC where I have my business account last Thursday. Didn't have to submit much info just last year's turnover. Money arrived in my business account yesterday. Easiest bit of finance that I've ever applied for.

Comment

Originally posted by plutocrat View Post
                      Long time, lurker here.

I applied to HSBC where I have my business account last Thursday. Didn't have to submit much info just last year's turnover. Money arrived in my business account yesterday. Easiest bit of finance that I've ever applied for.
                      Same with me. Applied for 40 large ones last night and got the money into my account this morning via Santander. Incredibly easy. £600 for 3 mins work.

Comment

Working...
                      X