• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sexy contract that pays less?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mickey View Post
    In my previous life I've done stuff that was seen as sexy and I disliked, and eventually it went out of fashion.
    Yep, rent boys are so last year.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
        For me no role is sexy; IT is especially mind numbingly boring, but it's one of the few things I'm decent(ish) at.

If a role offered me less ( and I mean slightly less, not extracting the urine less ) for a role using a specific new technology, even at the periphery, then my view is that expands my skill set, longer term increases the available roles which in turn bolsters rate requests due to provable ability and experience.
        Yep - this sums it up. Congrats if you find your work interesting but it's just for the money over here.
        Have you seen what normal jobs pay ? I can't start again doing something else.
        Working towards making work optional, which I think will make things bearable till I pack it in for good !
        Oh - Also disregard virtually everything the agent, client and advert say about ANY job, the description usually bears a passing resemblance at best...

Comment

Working...
        X