• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business account?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dty View Post
    When you say "free", I assume you mean "free for 18 months"? That's the only deal I can find on their site. Or did you get a special offer?
    Santander used to do free banking for life. They tried to change it to a fee-based account, but there was a backlash and a threatened judicial review, so they abandoned that move. (linky)

You get some extras from the paid account that you don't with the free one, but they weren't enough to persuade me to lose the free banking.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Santander used to do free banking for life. They tried to change it to a fee-based account, but there was a backlash and a threatened judicial review, so they abandoned that move. (linky)

You get some extras from the paid account that you don't with the free one, but they weren't enough to persuade me to lose the free banking.
      But you can't open a "forever free" one anymore. Only those who currently have them can keep them?

Comment

Originally posted by dty View Post
        But you can't open a "forever free" one anymore. Only those who currently have them can keep them?
        Correct. I was merely explaining how some people have a free for life Santander account.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Business account?

Understood. Considering switching from CA to Natwest. Free for 2 years, plus 15 days of Regus space in the first year. Interesting.

Comment

Working...
          X