• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rip off BACS CHAPS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rip off BACS CHAPS

Hi,

Some bright spark at Lorien has decided to make you wait 12 days to get paid and then if you want paid quicker they charge you £25 for BACS and £50 for a CHAPS.
    Now CHAPS doest cost more than £30. So yeah rip off if they all start doing this we're in trouble. IS there somebody I can complain to about this practice?

Regards,

Keith

Originally posted by AttentivIS View Post
    Hi,

Some bright spark at Lorien has decided to make you wait 12 days to get paid and then if you want paid quicker they charge you £25 for BACS and £50 for a CHAPS.
    Now CHAPS doest cost more than £30. So yeah rip off if they all start doing this we're in trouble. IS there somebody I can complain to about this practice?

Regards,

Keith
    Not really, you knew what the arrangements were when you took the contract. 12 working days to payment is ok as far as it goes, some are better, some are worse. IME Lorien are OK, they always pay on time and they honour contracts - certainly did in my case.

Yes, the BACS and the CHAPS charges are a joke but no one makes you use the service.

Comment

12 working days after invoice has been in place at Lorien for at least a couple of years.

It's not bad considering most businesses will have 30 day payment terms and sometimes its 60 days or more after invoicing that you get the money.

It's part of the risk you take by being in business. Just make sure you keep enough in your business account for cash flow.

Comment

It's actually quite a reasonable charge. You're paying for their time in doing something they shouldn't have to do that's outside of their normal process.

Comment

Originally posted by craig1 View Post
          It's actually quite a reasonable charge. You're paying for their time in doing something they shouldn't have to do that's outside of their normal process.
          Can you imagine if we were forced to only charge 'cost price' for our services? We'd be up in arms

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            Can you imagine if we were forced to only charge 'cost price' for our services? We'd be up in arms
            Or even worse, charge our "actual value"
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by AttentivIS View Post
              IS there somebody I can complain to about this practice?
              Call Lorien and complain - they should have a dedicated complaints manager who can hear your complaint and handle it. Make sure you explain to them how you are unhappy with the contract that you agreed and what a disgrace it is.

Good luck.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Or even worse, charge our "actual value"
                My clients always get exceptional value, I don't know about yours......

Comment

If you cant wait 12 days to get an invoice cleared you may be in the wrong job!

Comment

ok but if you refuse to pay the fee for BACS what are they going to do?

Send a carrier pigeon with a cheque attached to the leg?

But seriously charging for CHAPS is fine but charging for BACS is taking the mick surely?

Comment

Working...
                    X