• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changing agencies half through assignment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing agencies half through assignment

Hi all,

I have read some threats here but am still a bit unclear as to what to do in this scenario:

I approached an old client about 18 months ago and after agreeing terms I was put in contract with a new agency who is been my pimp with the client. My pal who contracts for the same client was also with the same agency. He has now moved to another agency as the latter takes a much smaller cut.

My question is if it's in general acceptable to change agency for the next renewal if the end client agrees. I never opted out "Conduct Regulations in accordance with Regulation 32(9)" although then not sure if this applies at all.

Thanks all.

H

Firstly never believe what other say about their contract, I wouldn't tell you any privileged information in my contract.

Secondly, are you moving purely for more money? If so why not work out a rate increase rather than bothering to change pimps which will invariably fail, why would Agent A allow Agent B to take money from them
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Firstly never believe what other say about their contract, I wouldn't tell you any privileged information in my contract.

Secondly, are you moving purely for more money? If so why not work out a rate increase rather than bothering to change pimps which will invariably fail, why would Agent A allow Agent B to take money from them
      Well I do yes. My rate will be limited by what the client is willing to pay , which I think is the headline rate, I think. There is about a 10% difference in the cut agencies A and B take. So it's not a few pennies

Comment

Originally posted by homeandaway View Post
        Well I do yes. My rate will be limited by what the client is willing to pay , which I think is the headline rate, I think. There is about a 10% difference in the cut agencies A and B take. So it's not a few pennies
        So negotiate with your agency to reduce their margin and increase your rate, without passing on any of that change to the client.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by homeandaway View Post
          My question is if it's in general acceptable to change agency for the next renewal if the end client agrees. I never opted out "Conduct Regulations in accordance with Regulation 32(9)" although then not sure if this applies at all.
          By remaining inside the regulations, you can change agency or go direct without any cost being charge to either you or the client. You just need to have a gap of either eight weeks from the end of the contract or fourteen weeks from the start of the contract, whichever is longest.

If you don't want to take the two months off as a break to avoid paying a fee, then you need to terminate the agreement with the current agency, and get the client to do the same. This may cost you and / or your client some money to buy you out of the contract, though. After that, you are free to move to any agency you want.

Maybe you should ask your pal how he moved and if there was any trouble in doing so, since he's done this already with the same client.

I'd also make sure you keep him as a mate - I don't discuss my rate with anyone, but if he's fool enough to tell you (and also how much margin the agency and your agency are taking as well), then he's probably handy to keep around.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

If he went direct then the agency are just doing the payment processing then I'm not sure about buying contracts out in this case (as long as the contract reflects that).

Homeandaway I've just PM'ed you

Comment

Working...
            X