• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Annual salary contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyH0 View Post
    Fortunately this one is paying far more than a permie job. Benefit to joining the company pension scheme is to get their contribution which is typically double yours and at least 9% total.
    On the assumption that it is a fixed term contract you may have more rights than you expect; essentially same benefit packages etc. Sam redundancy packages (the problem here is that it is 2 years before they kick in, as per a permie employee).

https://www.gov.uk/fixed-term-contra...ployees-rights

Comment

Originally posted by AndyH0 View Post
      Fortunately this one is paying far more than a permie job. Benefit to joining the company pension scheme is to get their contribution which is typically double yours and at least 9% total.
      Depends where you are and what you're doing, but £65k/year is not unattainable as a permie, in London certainly.
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Just finished. It is a contract with an hourly rate. The figure had been presented to me as an annual amount. It assumed no holiday including bank holiday. A bit misleading. So not much better than permie for me.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
          Depends where you are and what you're doing, but £65k/year is not unattainable as a permie, in London certainly.
          Hmm, 65k a year is something like 250 per day.
          That's a pretty bad daily rate for a contractor, even if you are a junior.

Comment

Originally posted by gabox01 View Post
            Hmm, 65k a year is something like 250 per day.
            That's a pretty bad daily rate for a contractor, even if you are a junior.
            My thoughts also. It is half the rate I could get if went contract based on what some of my colleagues recently left for. I don't think I will be taking it. It is outside London although I live in London. I have another interview next week for one in London.

Comment

Working...
            X