• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QDOS IR35 review.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QDOS IR35 review.

Just had my first IR35 review and I'm relieved to see that it passed.

I know that it's no guarantee of anything, but it brings a small piece of peace to my world.

Only one recommendation, which was to change the wording of "... provides services to the client at the site" so that it's any site of my choosing, ie. home, my office, Brazil etc.

£40 well spent.

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
    Just had my first IR35 review and I'm relieved to see that it passed.

I know that it's no guarantee of anything, but it brings a small piece of peace to my world.

Only one recommendation, which was to change the wording of "... provides services to the client at the site" so that it's any site of my choosing, ie. home, my office, Brazil etc.

£40 well spent.
    Surprised QDOS mentioned the site thing. Lot of clients who want you there. Not many you could phone at 9am first day and say you know that office of yours I wont bother I'll work from home.

I think its always good to have office address in there though. Dont want to get confusion where they turn around and say oh no we meant office x 200 miles away.

Had this when I was younger. Didnt bother with office location, agent told me few weeks 200 miles away and then working in office near home. Of course, two weeks in I brought it up with client who didnt have the foggiest what I was on about. That one lasted about 2 hours more until I walked. Told agent to explain it to client.

To be honest, the rate wasnt great so I couldnt afford to stay over every night long term. But like the agent cares about that.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Told agent to explain it to client.
      I wouldn't have left it to them, he'll have said u were trying it on.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
        I wouldn't have left it to them, he'll have said u were trying it on.
        +1 I would have told the client what a lying twunt the pimp was first hand, don't let these wide boys get away with it!

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
          +1 I would have told the client what a lying twunt the pimp was first hand, don't let these wide boys get away with it!
          To be honest, in the end I did. Explained to the client what I'd been told and they fully understood my point of view and were happy for me to can it. Of course, they werent happy with agent for fannying around.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Be careful to ensure the contract is realistic if you've simply had that reviewed without having the working practices reviewed too - the contract itself may pass an IR35 review, but if it doesn't match the working practices then it's won't offer any protection as it'll be dismissed as a sham. Keep proof to show that it's genuine, and maybe get a Confirmation of Arrangements letter in place too (I'm sure Qdos mentioned all this anyway).
            ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Working...
            X