• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help with choosing an umbrella company.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange Genie are worth a punt

Comment

I was with Contrqactor Umbrella for a while last year before I set up my ltd and was very pleased with them. Very straight and efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
        Avoid parasol my personal experience was bad and a recent colleague has just discovered she has been paying too much tax thru them.
        They put me on emergency tax because they forgot to ask for my P45 and they closed their year end too soon.You can't pay too much tax as you can recover the tax when you complete your tax return but I admit it screws up your cash flow.
        I am happy with their online invoicing and expenses system.

Comment

Yeah but a whole year of emergency tax??

And with me despite them assuring me that on completion of p87 I would get my money back I still haven't and for a very short contract it was a sizeable amount.

Comment

For my first contract I was with contractor umbrella, they were good efficient and charged a flat rate, at the time (5 years ago or so)it was something like £100 per month

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Can't remember who Tarpon used to be, but IIRC they received less than glowing references in their former incarnation. Actually, thinking about it, didn't their previous company go bust?

Just go with Lisa
              I think if you look back they were Prosperity 4, before they reappeared again

Comment

Working...
              X