• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unfair claims

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfair claims

My friend referred me to CS Accounting and he said that he was going to get a cheque for £100 which never turned up has this happened to anyone else?

I received an email from Parasol about referring and I could win a trip to Barcelona, it was aimed at recruitment agencies but I seemed to have received it? Database issues one thinks.

After speaking with another friend over at an engineering recruitment agency he had mentioned that they had binned off Parasol due to a number of mistakes.

I will be leaving ClearSky Accounting and going over to Paystream.
    Last edited by Indy; 20 April 2014, 17:29. Reason: spelling mistakes highlighted

Originally posted by Indy View Post
    Has the following ever happened to anyone else?

My friend referred me to ClearSky Accounting and he said that he was going to get a cheque for £100 which never turned up (typical).

On the note of being unfair I received an email about refer your way to Barcelona this was shocking because it said Parasol on it which I have not used before plus I am not a recruitment agency plus im not sure if the email is border line bribery on referrals and will they pay out? ummm if they cant even get £100 to my good friend then I think a holiday is a joke.

When I spoke to my friend over at MatchTech he mentioned that they had binned off Parasol for their poor attempts of bribing businesses good on you MatchTech for being honest and transparent.

I will be leaving ClearSky Accounting and going over to Paystream because their just too underhand for my liking.
    Would you be happier if you did get a holiday to Barcelona out of it?

And why don't you go Ltd and have done with it?

And as for ANY agency being open and transparent.... Does MatchTech tell its contractors how much of a margin MT charges to the end clients?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

May I introduce you to some punctuation? This should get you started:

, . ' ;

Have a go with those and see how you get on with them.

Comment

Aside from the txt-speak nonsense, what were the "unfair claims"?
        "it's people like Jim, Jim MacDonald, who keep me going,"

tulip in your flowerbed

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Would you be happier if you did get a holiday to Barcelona out of it? I would yes but my point was that it was intended for me it's only aimed at Agencies so I would never have had a chance!

And why don't you go Ltd and have done with it?
          I am going limited with PayStream.

And as for ANY agency being open and transparent.... Does MatchTech tell its contractors how much of a margin MT charges to the end clients?
          Good point, but they have a good service.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Potter View Post
            Aside from the txt-speak nonsense, what were the "unfair claims"?
            The £100 cheque, if a company openly offers £100 as a referral scheme then the referrer should expect to have received a cheque? This in my opinion is an unfair claim because they say they will pay but they never do?

Comment

Originally posted by captainham View Post
              May I introduce you to some punctuation? This should get you started:

, . ' ;

Have a go with those and see how you get on with them.
              Thanks, I have amended the post. I thought that this was a bit harsh but that's life!

Comment

The £100 cheque, if a company openly offers £100 as a referral scheme then the referrer should expect to have received a cheque? This in my opinion is an unfair claim because they say they will pay but they never do?
                Did the referrer chase it up?

tulip in your flowerbed

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Potter View Post
                  Did the referrer chase it up?
                  Yes they did, the response was it may have been lost in the post. They have after the 3rd time asked them to send it again with signed for by.

Comment

Thanks, I have amended the post. I thought that this was a bit harsh but that's life!
                    Nowt harsh about it. Some folk get tired of reading this txt-speak stuff. At least some folk are upfront and highlight the fact that they don't like txt-speak.
                    Last edited by Brian Potter; 20 April 2014, 18:45.

tulip in your flowerbed

Comment

Working...
                    X