• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies that say they will forward you for a role and then don't

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the agency mention the end clients name or was it just a coincidence that you sent your CV direct to them?

Comment

I don't bother if they drop me like a hot potato when I'm no longer of value but saying they have put you forward when they haven't or putting you in on spec when they know that they are not on the preferred suppliers list is fraudulent.

Comment

End of the day..... Nothing you can do about it. Move on and don't use the agent again.

I know how you feel, man. I believe I have been shafted in this way myself.

Many of them are just

I'll just stop using them.

Comment

Originally posted by booking View Post
          So apart from obviously not using this agency any more, anyone got any advice on how to verify the agents are forwarding me for roles and not, I assume, trying to prevent me from applying via another agency?
          Been discussed many times on here.

1. Always insist on the Client name from the Agent.
          2. When you send the email agreeing to be represented, put a time-limit for submission to the Client (I usually give 24 hours.)
          3. If you haven't heard anything back after 48 hours, you are free to go with other agents - just make sure they know you've already been contacted and potentially forwarded, and that they should check with the Client first before forwarding again.

Always worked for me (in that Agent 2 has always phoned me back to let me know that the Client already has my c.v. from Agent 1.)
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Just move on, forget it.
            Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            ^ This. Nothing to see here.
            Spoken like a pair of true agents.

Boo

Comment

Working...
            X