• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

market

Is the testing market bad , as I have seen the same jobs advertised by different agents for months. Some jobs are advertised with very low rate. But it seems that there are no new testing jobs. I suspect that some are fake as the agents only want to collect CV details and help them to find their clients.

How are other fields?

"How is the market?" and similar questions are dumb as:
    1. The geographical area of a market depends on whether you are willing to travel around the UK and into the EU
    2. People have niche skills amongst their main skill set so they aren't in exactly the same "market" as you.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      "How is the market?" and similar questions are dumb as:
      1. The geographical area of a market depends on whether you are willing to travel around the UK and into the EU
      2. People have niche skills amongst their main skill set so they aren't in exactly the same "market" as you.
      "Market" to me suggests contracting market. The OP, a tester as his/her post suggests, is out of work and just wants to get an idea as to how other folk are faring, in testing or otherwise. Nothing wrong with that and threads of this ilk ordinarily foster debate across sectors and roles.

I understand the "market" for BA/PM roles in finance in London isn't great at the moment. I have two mates who have been looking for up to 2 months and neither has had any bites.

Comment

Originally posted by ronanm View Post
        I understand the "market" for BA/PM roles in finance in London isn't great at the moment. I have two mates who have been looking for up to 2 months and neither has had any bites.
        Wea are trying ot get loads of them in at the min, all the ones we have interviewed so far have been pants

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
          Wea are trying ot get loads of them in at the min, all the ones we have interviewed so far have been pants
          Interesting. You can PM me details and I will get them to get in touch. You can make your mind up for yourself but I'd wager they're very suited.

Comment

Originally posted by clwd View Post
            Is the testing market bad , as I have seen the same jobs advertised by different agents for months. Some jobs are advertised with very low rate. But it seems that there are no new testing jobs. I suspect that some are fake as the agents only want to collect CV details and help them to find their clients.

How are other fields?
            Testing seems to be booming at the moment, in which area of the country are you looking and for what type of testing work as it's a broad area?
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
            X