• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting to interview while in a contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Get your mum to write you a note.
    I am down with the bubonic plague atm but your answer made me laugh so much I spilled my lemsip all over the dog. TY

Comment

Originally posted by Gym beast View Post
      I may well be looking at a 50-55% rate rise soon, but it's for another client, who given SC regs probably has quite strict rules about seeing people face to face before hiring.
      That's not a given - some will want a face-to-face and some won't.

Originally posted by Gym beast View Post
      What excuses do you fellas come up with to take a morning/afternoon off for an interview??
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I phoned up an explain I have been turned into a newt. When I come in the next day I explain that I got better.
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by riffpie View Post
          Don't be so ridiculous. He can write it himself. Did you never go to school?

OP, here's a template letter you can use:

"Dear Mr <insert client name>

Gym Beast will not be able to attend work tomorrow morning, as he has a poorly tummy

Signed, my mum"
          Don't bother and just say your dog ate the note.

Comment

Working...
          X