• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Consultancy Contract - Description of Service question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I am wondering if the a detailed working practices review would flag the lack of a schedule as the free one is a simple contract check.

Hopefully QDOS can come on and comment.
    When I've made use of QDOS for such reviews, whether free or individually paid for, they have always checked both the contract and the associated schedules.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
      Hmm ... I would have thought they had checked it.

I spoke to them about the schedule and the changes that were made to it, along with why etc.
      They seemed to think it was okay and confirmed that it was still covered by the policy.
      If you've answered everything honestly, and they've confirmed that you're insured then I wouldn't care what any of the paper says
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by aoxomoxoa View Post
        When I've made use of QDOS for such reviews, whether free or individually paid for, they have always checked both the contract and the associated schedules.
        Same but there has always been a schedule. Didn't know they would still pass it without one.

I've dropped them a PM so hopefully the will come and comment.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Same but there has always been a schedule. Didn't know they would still pass it without one.

I've dropped them a PM so hopefully the will come and comment.
          Hang on, I might have given the wrong impression here:

My contract does have a separate schedule where it details the services I provide it just does not specify project titles or specific deliverables.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Description of Services

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
            Hang on, I might have given the wrong impression here:

My contract does have a separate schedule where it details the services I provide it just does not specify project titles or specific deliverables.
            Hi all and my apologies for the lateness in replying;

In my opinion a detailed description can undoubtedly help in demonstrating that a contractor has been engaged to provide specific services, however having a description of services stated within the contract is not a failing issue in isolation and therefore we would not always make mention to adding a very detailed description of the work. It really depends on the specific circumstances and what documents we've have sight of.

We wouldn't fail a contract without sight of a contract schedule, but provide an opinion on the documents we're given, as very often we're asked to review draft contracts for services where the specific terms haven't been finalised. However we will always take a look at the contract again once the specific terms have been agreed.

Comment

Working...
            X