• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The "Conduct Reg's" are virtually unenforceable against your intermediary

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Dead easy. If you give me a contract that doesn't reflect the reality on the ground and/or align to the one you have signed with the end client and I wind up in court as a result, then I'll sue you for the consequent losses under boring old company law; contracts have to be reasonable and relevant with respect to the situation.

Getting bored now. You've had your fun, nobody's listening any more. And don't you have a real job to be getting on with? After all agencies are always telling us they're too busy to engage with us mere contractors.
    Dear Malvolio,

If you say so. I wouldn't let the facts trouble you, it might interrupt your boredom.

As I said, I have only tried to share the issues with the contractors on this forum and answered any questions they may have. I would have thought having access to ask questions of one of the individuals who was involved in depth in the case would have been refreshing.

Should no one be interested then that's fine also. They will not ask any further questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Rory Dwyer View Post
      Dear Malvolio,

If you say so. I wouldn't let the facts trouble you, it might interrupt your boredom.

As I said, I have only tried to share the issues with the contractors on this forum and answered any questions they may have. I would have thought having access to ask questions of one of the individuals who was involved in depth in the case would have been refreshing.

Should no one be interested then that's fine also. They will not ask any further questions.
      They might if you actually answered them. Heigh ho...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        They might if you actually answered them. Heigh ho...
        It would be interesting if we had the full facts, rather than a subset...
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

It would seem as though a verdict in Guildford Magistrates Court cannot set a legal precedent so I don't think that this case will have the impact that has been supposed Mechanics of precedent - Crown Courts, County Courts, Magistrates' Courts
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
            It would seem as though a verdict in Guildford Magistrates Court cannot set a legal precedent so I don't think that this case will have the impact that has been supposed Mechanics of precedent - Crown Courts, County Courts, Magistrates' Courts
            Dear Lisa,

You are looking at the wrong case if you want to look at the precedent.

Read the Egos article in todays Contractor Uk, even though Mr Sinclair gets a few things wrong, he gets a few things right as well.

Happy reading
            Last edited by Rory Dwyer; 11 March 2014, 16:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
              Very interesting thread which I will flip to my legal guys for their view. I do however think the thread title is misleading, having been to court personally on these matters I know the Regulations to be very enforceable in many circumstances.
              Dear Andy,

When your legal guys give their view, see if you can ask them how it would impact on the controlled associated companies legislation for the hirers ? In my opinion, it will make for interesting reading from a hirers perspective and I would be interested if they come to the same conclusions as I do.

Re your other cases, I can put you in touch with our lead barrister, who was great.
              Last edited by Rory Dwyer; 11 March 2014, 16:58.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
                S3 v CNL

I really don't know who I'd want to prevail in that one...

Dear Andy,

When your legal guys give their view, see if you can ask them how it would impact on the controlled associated companies legislation for the hirers ? In my opinion, it will make for interesting reading from a hirers perspective and I would be interested if they come to the same conclusions I do.
                Will point them in that direction, ta.
                https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                  :

Will point them in that direction, ta.
                  Can you give us a view when you are done since Rory Dwyer can't be bothered?
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Can you give us a view when you are done since Rory Dwyer can't be bothered?
                    Dear Sue Ellen,

It is not that I can't be bothered but I would not want to put words into their mouths.

If you would like me to give you my views then I am happy to.

Comment

Dear Sue Ellen,

It is not that I can't be bothered but I would not want to put words into their mouths.

If you would like me to give you my views then I am happy to.
                      No thanks.

I read the entire thread and you refused to answer other posters' extremely simple questions.

There as Andy Hallett made a couple of very sensible points. (And I disagree with him 99% of the time.)
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X