• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tesco say my CV has alright been put through

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Nonsense. They will tell you that your CV is there - to stop you going with another agent.
    I agree that's the more typical agent behaviour.

Also, the Optimus agent initiated contact about the contract with me this morning, so I didn't have to go through the usual process of applying.

Comment

I must say, Tesco are treating this situation very seriously and are undertaking an investigation. Hat's off to Tesco!

Comment

Originally posted by Cenobite View Post
        I must say, Tesco are treating this situation very seriously and are undertaking an investigation. Hat's off to Tesco!
        I'm sure the practice of putting CVs forward without permission is rife but it's nice to see that Tesco take their obligations under the Data Protection Act rather more seriously than some agencies do...
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

My former manager once got sent his own CV!

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
            Ha!

Comment

Is it an IT contract with the IT department?

Is it Tesco PLC or Tesco Direct (the online business)?

They are two companies and have different ways of operating. I believe Tesco PLC have a single supplier and all goes through them, this may have changed though.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                It's just happened to a colleague here. Received a name redacted cv from an agent and was a few paragraphs in, thinking, "this bloke is bloody awesome" before he realised it was his own CV.
                "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                "See?"

Comment

Working...
                X