• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone dealt with Parallel Consulting ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone dealt with Parallel Consulting ?

Any experience appreciated - good payers etc ? Their website is 'under construction' - seems a bit amateur for an IT recruitment agency.

cheers
    slartyb

ps. why do people bother doing that when it takes 5 minutes longer to put up some relevant information about you company with no fancy formatting.....

Just a bump on this post. Has anyone had good or bad experience with them since 2005?

Comment

Originally posted by scribbler View Post
      Just a bump on this post. Has anyone had good or bad experience with them since 2005?
      I went to see them for interview about a year ago. Very professional outfit - very much liked their outlook on how to do the job, but do it right - no real dirty tricks, and a focus on selecting the right person for each role, and putting their weight behind it.

I can't comment on their finances, but they certainly told me that the business was profitable, had good cashflow, and that they were reknowned for paying well. They didn't back this up with figures though - I would have been looking to go into that further before looking to join.

The only reason I didn't move to them, was distance. They're based in Hammersmith, which is the best part of 2 hours drive from my house, and whilst it's fair to say that the money was good etc - I'd rather work closer to home, and put in an extra hour each end of the day, than spend 4 hours a day travelling!

In summary - in terms of approach, I'd say they are a "premium" brand. In terms of paying - I have absolutely no idea (other than the verbal info given!)

Hope this helps at least a little bit!!

TAV
      "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
      SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Thanks for the detailed write-up. It is always good to hear from someone with first-hand experience.

Comment

Working...
        X