• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What if agency went bust?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maruthu1997 View Post
    My agency has just gone under administration. While I'm yet to talk to administrator and Company on this matter, I wanted to understand what best options available to negotiate with them. There is a company and Agency in between me and actual Client.

As such 2 months payment was due from Agency and 1 month is held by intermediate company. The agency went under a week ago and my contract ends by end of Mar 17. I'm still going to the site and work expected go for some more time.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!
    Why are you still working for a company that no longer exists and will not be paying you (agency)? You need to stop working immediately as you will not get paid either the 2 months they owe you or any money going forwards. I have been in this situation twice and you will not get a penny from the administrators.

Once you stop working you will be in a good position to negotiate a new contract with either the middle-man-company or the end-client.

I can't emphasise this enough - stop working immediately. Nobody will be paying you until you get a new contract

Comment

PS forget negotiating with agency. They no longer exist, they have no money and no legal obligation to pay you

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
        I can't emphasise this enough - stop working immediately. Nobody will be paying you until you get a new contract
        This.

And if you have IPSE+ membership, get your claim in sharpish
        First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Working...
        X