• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to maintain/increase a good day rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    2.5 x current rate.
    So £250?
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
      So £250?
      Wow, I can only dream of such rates

latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
        So £250?
        Still, he works 44 weeks per year and that's £11,000 p.a., even before the working tax credits.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Still, he works 44 weeks per year and that's £11,000 p.a., even before the working tax credits.
          what about the divis.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            what about the divis.
            Pay no notice of them they're just jealous

Comment

Cheers spartie :-)
              Current role is not great but not quite as rock bottom as you suggest.

Although, to be fair, because I havent worked for a few months theres salary to catch up (before end of tax year - used to pay £641 but gotta double that for last few months) and because its a trek theres fair amount of expenses to claim. Not a huge amount left over for divis.

Means pretty much Im taking home over 95% of this rate. Still better take home than any permie job I could get....
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Glad to hear you're back in the saddle buddy
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Current role is not great but not quite as rock bottom as you suggest.

Although, to be fair, because I havent worked for a few months theres salary to catch up (before end of tax year - used to pay £641 but gotta double that for last few months) and because its a trek theres fair amount of expenses to claim. Not a huge amount left over for divis.

Means pretty much Im taking home over 95% of this rate. Still better take home than any permie job I could get....
                  95% retention!! and no dodgy EBT scheme in sight . Better to be earning than not IMO, and a weeks notice is as good as no notice if something better comes along.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
                    95% retention!! and no dodgy EBT scheme in sight . Better to be earning than not IMO, and a weeks notice is as good as no notice if something better comes along.
                    EXACTLY. All perfectly above board. Expenses obviously are ok to come out. Salary then I'm paying £1282 or something for last 3 months (to cover 3 months I didnt pay salary). Upshot is at end of year I've still paid optimum salary (641 x12) and paid no tax and ni on it.

Only drawback is that there is some PAYE due on £1282 on a monthly basis. £100 or so. But this is reclaimable at tax return day.

Of course, ideal situation is to get decent contract before april so i can make sure I make most of my under 40% allowance.

Was hoping to be out by now though :-( It is a bit mind-numbing....
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

2.5 x current rate.
                      That's mad. Dropping from £875 to say £350 or say £1750 to £700 at the top end of the market must be a killer!

I can't think of a market that would support such a broad range in day rates?

Comment

Working...
                      X