• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not me this time - Holiday hassle with client!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deary me!

Never had that situation, maybe I've been fortunate in the places I've worked (most of which are quite disorganised anyway!)

I've known a few permies in the past that have cancelled holidays as they think it will be remembered come promotion time, but it never happens for them.

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
      I have had this in a few contracts, one offered a 3 month extension and I informed them Ihad a 2 weeks holiday coming up that fell in those 3 months, I got told "I will check the calendar nearer the time and check thats ok with what might be going on"

I just ignored it, as I only had a weeks notice and the 2 weeks was close to my end of contract anyhow if they kicked up a fuss I would have given notice and gone on holiday which had already been booked for months before.
      Yeh. Had that too. Of course, by the time holiday comes around they've forgotten. Luckily, in my case, client has whinged a little but nothing else.

Quite why clients think you'll say OK I'll cancel the holiday, upset my family, and lose £x00s I'll never know.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

I've known a few permies in the past that have cancelled holidays as they think it will be remembered come promotion time, but it never happens for them.
        Will it ****. Been there too. Worked with a guy who did this sort of thing. Convinced the company were going to look after him.

Made redundant (or should I say shafted and forced to sign compromise agreement) same day as me. Heartbroken he was.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Will it ****. Been there too. Worked with a guy who did this sort of thing. Convinced the company were going to look after him.

Made redundant (or should I say shafted and forced to sign compromise agreement) same day as me. Heartbroken he was.
          I've always told people to always look after number 1 (yourself) as no one else will.....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
          X