• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

move from contract developer to BA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An ology?

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
    I meant it in the same way that i sometimes wonder if I should have been a carpenter or a mechanic.
    Or a potter? People will always need plates...
    British Telecom - Ology 80s - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Cenobite View Post
      I'm similar to you: I've always been employed as an Analyst/Developer, and have two degrees in computer science. Is it possible to go fully into BA work without going permie first? (I'm doing the BCS ISEB diploma this week.)
      Probably but it depends how flexible you are prepared to be in 'customising' your CV and whether or not you can then back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by hgllgh View Post
        Which company are you doing the ISEB with?
        I'm doing it with The Knowledge Academy but so far they've been pretty poor. They sold me a two week intensive package with was four courses and exams but then dropped one of the modules through lack of interest, and today they've dropped the replacement course through a lack of interest too. This has completely wrecked the original intent which was to get it all done within two weeks.

I think if you book for London you have a good chance of your course going ahead but elsewhere expect problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Smartie View Post
          Probably but it depends how flexible you are prepared to be in 'customising' your CV and whether or not you can then back it up.
          Indeed, I traveled along much the same route as others on this thread. Analyst/Dev ==> Tech Ba ==> BA.

The key for me was : strong domain knowledge in my particular area making the transition easier to manage ; and my first Tech BA role was with a previous client who, because they knew I was good at what I do, gave me the opportunity that a new client might not have done.

I have much more work now than before for way more cash. I was a mainframe developer so options and earning potential were always going to be limited.

Truly hate what I do - but that's for another thread

Comment

Working...
          X