• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents Reluctance to put stuff in writing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Manz View Post
    I agree. They always call me, I even got a phone call from one last night at 9PM telling me about a role, I agreed a rate with them and asked them to send me the Job spec, they said they sent it but I didn't receive it. I also prefer being contacted via email rather than phone as they call at odd times.
    Had you not agreed a rate do you think it would have been more likely, or less likely, to receive a follow up email?

Comment

Originally posted by sgxluk View Post
      Is it just me, or have agents become more reluctant recently to deal with everyone by email & put things in writing?
      It must be just you. Today's total here was 10 unsolicited emails* for new contract roles, 1 missed phone call and a follow up text message. They must all be just waking up after the New Year.

* personalised with first name in the email body (except the one below), I do wonder if they have automated spam engines to take care of that now as it seems more common.

This was my fav.:
      Subject: CV through LinkedIn

Hello

I found your CV through LinkedIn but unfortunately I am unable to load a PDF on to are database, would it be possible for you to send me a word doc?

Kind Regards
      Natalie
      Miss, excuse me? Do I know you?

Comment

Ah well yes, they're quite happy sending out emails with gigs that dont even match ones skillset & being over-familiar.On the rare occasion you reply saying "Yes, lets do it" then they're not to fond of email. Strange beings!

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
          Had you not agreed a rate do you think it would have been more likely, or less likely, to receive a follow up email?
          Less Likely, I got an email from her in the afternoon yesterday saying "apologies for the delay" and then she said "You don't have enough years experience, so I'm not sure if you will fit the amount of experience they are seeking" WTF, could she not have checked it when its clearly written in my CV before calling me?

Comment

Working...
          X