• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Updating CV question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating CV question

I worked several years ago for a company and now I have worked for them again doing the same job, I am in the process of updating my CV and can't think of how to word it when listing the same job again.

I list all my contracts in order with month/year, I like it this way and has always worked for me and don't want to use the other method some people use working as I do.

At the moment I just have them both on there with the same job details. I don't want to put the 2 different dates next to the current role and take the other out as I think it will get confusing further down when there is a gap and agents are not always bright as to understand why.

Has anyone gone back to an old contract? How have you worded it on your CV. I read some good advice on here on how to word very short contracts so was hoping someone might be able to do the same on repeat contracts.

I had the same problem and to save repeating the same activities and tasks for both assignments, on the earlier one I just put the comment:
    • Details as later assignment, above

Comment

ClientCo thisdate - thatdate
      - lots of information
      - continuation of work done for ClientCo between olderdate and olddate

ClientCo olderdate - olddate
      - initial consultancy for project XYZ, detailed above
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

I have had the same. I list them as two separate entities in date order. When I put all my roles down I put a brief of what I done and the technologies used, sometimes you cannot put all the technologies used so in this case I put for example:

ClientCo
        Working within the managed services department supporting numerous companies infrastructure and BAU support and incident requests including supporting a Windows 7 migration. Technical Environment was Exchange 2003/7, Active Directory, Citrix XenDesktop, Xenapp, Cisco call manager, BES, MDM, BYOD, VPN, EPOS systems, Windows 7/XP, Outlook, Lotus Notes,

and the latest

ClientCo
        Working supporting both managed and retail services environments of numerous different companies infrastructure and retail EPOS systems, resolving incidents and requests after fault diagnosing software and hardware issues.
        Technical Environment is: Windows Server 2003/8, Windows 7/XP/2000, AD, Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix Xenapp, Exchange, Backup Exec, Outlook, Lotus Notes, MDM, BYOD, EPOS.

Comment

Working...
        X