• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accepting work outside of project in contract schedule

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    surely you mean you hope he hasn't. Why should insurance schemes protect the terminally stupid....
    Well that opens another can of worms that pisses me off tbh but lets not go there. This is Zoco and the quicker his tulipty threads die the better. We can't even call him a ******* moron here so no point extended the life of his threads.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      You are on site without a signed contract? You are ****ed. Forget it and just get on with the gig. You accepted the terms by starting so too late to go back now. Hope you got TLC35 or PCG+ as well.

Next time try and do it properly.
      No he isn't, he just needs to find a way to fix the problem in an honest and legal way and move on.

Comment

Hey, take it easy fellas. I'm quite new to working through a Ltd.

We all learn through our mistakes.

Why am I screwed without a signed contract - can't I just backdate the signature?

I do have PCG+ though. Seriously, should I just quit and get another role?

Comment

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
          No he isn't, he just find a way to fix the problem in an honest and legal way and move on.
          His client/agent is going to allow him to put clauses in his contract without their legal team reviewing after he started? Good luck with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post

Why am I screwed without a signed contract - can't I just backdate the signature?

Yes definitely.. depending on what you notice period is of course.

Comment

You're screwed for a number of reasons without a signed contract, from insurance to potentially getting paid. It's an extremely naive thing to do.

To be honest, I wouldn't even worry about the scope of the contract, it all comes down to working practices and in that respect, based off not just this thread, you're as far inside IR35 as Permie McPermie who works in the permie department.

Sign the contract with the agency on the terms you're happy with, if the client asks you to do anything outside of that politely advise why you can't. If you're working for who I think you (big bank that likes saving trees?), they encounter this with all contractors and won't have a problem with it.

Comment

Well that opens another can of worms that pisses me off tbh but lets not go there. This is Zoco and the quicker his tulipty threads die the better. We can't even call him a ******* moron here so no point extended the life of his threads.
                Haven't we established that if a poster is a real proper ******* moron like zoco or psychocandy, we can call him a ******* moron and the thread gets moved to general and then we can all call him a ******* moron?

Comment

A contract doesn't have to be signed to be valid. You could get it changed but if they don't want to change it then you are stuck with the contract as presented to you.

For future reference, if you are presented with a contract and you start work then you have accepted the contract. It's helpful and indeed good business practice to have it signed but it's certainly not essential.

No, of course not. Forget all this IR35 crap, your contract has been reviewed and passed so get on with doing business and stop worrying and don't dick the client around.
                  Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

His client/agent is going to allow him to put clauses in his contract without their legal team reviewing after he started? Good luck with that one.
                    If the problem really is a serious as you suggest, then yes (although with legal team review). Otherwise, your assessment of the situation is grossly exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
                      If the problem really is a serious as you suggest, then yes (although with legal team review). Otherwise, your assessment of the situation is grossly exaggerated.
                      LOL, do you have nothing better to do than pick minor fault. Agents are not very forthcoming with clause changes at the best of times and most will have a legal team review any changes, particularly non standard ones like this. The OP is on site, with an implied contract, with fairly normal practice being to not make changes to contract, trying to put in his own term in, not checked with QDOS or anyone, at a client that (we assume) is going to ask him to do extra non scheduled work (bearing in mind he has no schedule of work anyway), and the poster is a ******* moron...

Nope I don't think there is any exaggeration here.

Comment

Working...
                      X