• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finance/Accountant contractors?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by happydays View Post
    Hiya

I'm a finance contractor and have been for just over 6 years now.
    I've found work quite easy to come by. I've only had 4 mths out of work in the 6 years.

I've been doing various roles and haven't considered (actually ignored) the threat of falling into IR35. Now I'm doing a stint covering mat leave for 9 mths, I think my current role falls within IR35.

I've promised myself to be more careful next time.
    Depending on what my first role is think I'll be going via an umbrella to suss things out for the next time.

Do you find work through networking or through agencies?

Comment

Bit of both. I worked in the sector for a number of years before being made redundant.

Comment

I'm also a finance contractor - fell into it 6 years ago and operate at FM / FC
        level and also do various project work. Also only had maybe 4 months out in that time so I must be doing something right.
        Go for it, although there's not always that many roles to choose from although that may depend on what region you work in.

The main benefits are the variety of roles and industries you get to work in - ignore the poster further up who said you don't get any new skills, I've learned loads and generally get to work on all the interesting things that the FM / FC don't have time for.

Comment

Working...
        X