• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Visa Basingstoke - Anyone worked in operations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visa Basingstoke - Anyone worked in operations?

Long shot but have an interview lined up there....anyone any experience of the place?
    Tyrell: "More human than human" is our motto.

I have worked at VISA in Basingstoke but not in the operations team.
    When I was there I was in the Unix support team.

The operations team there is generally better than general ops departments.
    The contract specs for the operations team members there did require a the full set of Unix requirements to the point of being a Unix administrator but anything above general basic stuff was always forwarded onto the Unix team.

In summary, if you are usually in a Unix sys admin then it will be too basic and if you are usually in ops then it will be good.
    Nice site, small. difficult to find. The business park is easy to find but none of the companies displayed who they were so it's all a bit hit and miss.

Nice canteen.

Comment

Originally posted by dspsyssts View Post
      anyone any experience of the place?
      Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
      Nice canteen

You see. Life can be simple

Good luck dspsyssts

Comment

Agreed: Nice canteen.

Comment

Working...