• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal property stolen while at client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    You are asking two different questions.

1) what can I claim through my company... Laptop yes, leather jacket no.
    and
    2) if some thing goes missing when on site, who's responsibility is it... Yours
    Obscure.

Clothing needed for my work. If you've lost your McDonalds uniform then let them know they'll get you another, if its a work shirt (I need that for work) then tough(let them know). We all need to wear clothes to work doesn't make it a business expense.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      You're supposed to lock things away. I don't see the company has an obligation here. The only person liable is whoever took it.

I had a pen stolen once by a cleaner. It's just tough.
      A cleaner who steals

Most cleaners don't touch the property they clean, likewise builders if they inclined to steal will do your neighbours properties not yours.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
      X