• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The monkey is off my back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The monkey is off my back

Well, after 1 year 11 months and 3 weeks (ahem) of a client, I am finished. Mostly good, but I stayed on too long and have been doing 2 days per week to work up some specifications for a couple of new systems.

The weird thing is that for the last 3 months, they've been paying me and I've been sending documentation in for review, and requesting they set up workshops with named stakeholders. No response. If I phone, they say they will do it. When I email to follow up , it gets ignored. Weird and frustrating. What is that all about?

So, I've packaged it all up neatly and that's that.

I can concentrate now on my other 3 day per week client and turn my mind to Plan B.

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Well, after 1 year 11 months and 3 weeks (ahem) of a client, I am finished. Mostly good, but I stayed on too long and have been doing 2 days per week to work up some specifications for a couple of new systems.

The weird thing is that for the last 3 months, they've been paying me and I've been sending documentation in for review, and requesting they set up workshops with named stakeholders. No response. If I phone, they say they will do it. When I email to follow up , it gets ignored. Weird and frustrating. What is that all about?

So, I've packaged it all up neatly and that's that.
    Incomprehensible.

I think that we are due the usual self-aggrandizing boast at this point

I can concentrate now on my other 3 day per week client and turn my mind to Plan B.
    Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by flipFlop View Post
      Incomprehensible.

I think that we are due the usual self-aggrandizing boast at this point

Well done!
      Hee hee. My plan b is doomed to failure so fear not.

Comment

Musings about life as a contractor? Are you psychocandy?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Musings about life as a contractor? Are you psychocandy?
          Holy crap! Thanks for alerting me to the early signs. I'll get back to mocking cretins in General immediately.

Comment

Working...
          X