• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Latest background check request

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had this crap too

Some clients, mostly banks, want no gaps.

This can lead to "amusing" situations, one firm wanted to know what the contractor was doing 4 years previously, "working for you" as it said on their CV.

They refused to give a reference to another part of the same bank...

This all took time, enough that they then wanted "proof" about what the contractor had been doing in the gap.

No, I'm not making this up.

I didn't say "because you've been screwing around for weeks".

But of course she wasn't working, so what to do ?

I somewhat facetiously suggested "well I could give her a reference as her agent".

"oh could you, that would be great", they replied
    So I solemnly wrote an email, that had to come from my work address (of course) to say she'd been engaged it trying to work for this bank.
    My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorsSpouse View Post
      PS: No, we will NOT be telling the agent to stuff their contract...
      You deserve all you entail.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        If you work through an umbrella, then you have continuous employment.
        Not if you come to the end of the contract with nothing lined up and they then insist that you resign as does the firm of one of our esteemed posters did with me.

Comment

Working...
        X