• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting as a permie ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting as a permie ?

I know that this should be posted in a “permie forum” but I think there are reasons to ask for a contractor’s point of view.
    Well, after a lot of time looking for a new contract, I have accepted a permie job as a consultant in a multinational IT consultancy company. Because in effect, I need money to live.
    Joined 1 month ago and now benched waiting for a job ( but at least I get paid), today I have been contacted by a recruiter proposing me a contract as a Scrum master.
    Good rates and skills match, but the funny thing is, talking with the recruiter he revealed names of other suppliers and my company is among those suppliers! He doesn't know it because my CV is a bit older and there’s no mention of my current company.
    As for the moment, no account manager in my company seems to have noticed this opportunity, so I am now considering what to do.
    Do I go to the responsible account manager and slap him to wake him up ? Or should I go with the recruiter ?

So you're talking about pimping yourself out via the consultancy you're a permie with and maybe earn some kind of permie of the month award printed out of the office deskjet or quit and take a contract and earn loads of money

Mind you, unless you have a very short notice period, the agency might not wait and dump you for someone else....
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
      short notice period
      1 week, I am on a trial period

Comment

Originally posted by zerointeractive View Post
        Do you want to be a permie, or do you want to be a contractor?

Comment

So yes short enough to be able walk into most contracts
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

In the end, I considered I would run into serious troubles if the request finally arrive at my consultancy company where they'll suddenly discover I have applied through another recruiter.
            I will gently refuse the opportunity from the recruiter and I’ll stay calm and benched . It’s not my turn anymore to look out for contracts, there’s a pay slip for an account manager for that, so I’ll let him work!

Thanks for your help

Comment

I want to be a permie
              FTFY

Comment

Working...
              X