• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank Pre-employment Screening Credit File

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
    If I were the OP I'd declare nothing. Let them find out. You're probably worried over nothing. I'm living proof of that. Good luck.
    So you got away with a cover up so on that proof it is the right thing to do. If that is the case the just rob the bank rather than work for it. There are people out there that are living proof you can get away with that as well.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      So you got away with a cover up so on that proof it is the right thing to do. If that is the case the just rob the bank rather than work for it. There are people out there that are living proof you can get away with that as well.
      Slight flaw in your argument is that one is a criminal offence and the other isn't. In my contract I don't think I saw the declaration by the bank that it was was rigoring the LIBOR rate nor sh4fting people by misselling PPI. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

Don't feel compelled to reply to every single user post btw, it's not a competition and it really isn't necessary.

Comment

I have just received a start date, it looks like I passed the pre-employment screening. Thanks guys for all your thoughts and advice really appreciate it. Really feels good to be returning to work.

Comment

Great stuff!! Good luck.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mushairo View Post
            I have just received a start date, it looks like I passed the pre-employment screening. Thanks guys for all your thoughts and advice really appreciate it. Really feels good to be returning to work.
            Excellent news.....good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Great stuff!! Good luck.
              Cheers mate, I was about to give up without even trying.... very silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Taita View Post
                Excellent news.....good luck!
                Cheers mate!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  It's normal.

There are actually 3 credit reference agencies plus a fraud data agency.

They don't combine information.

So you have to check all of them if you are in financial trouble as different companies use the different ones. So it's just by chance that all the companies you have had trouble with use Equifax, there as mine were split unevenly amongst Equifax and Experian with Callcredit showing nothing.

With the fraud data agency you have to do a Data Subject Access Request to see if they have information on you which costs £10.
                  Not strictly true - I worked for a CRA for 5 years and most of the data should be the same. It all comes from the same sources and is shared between lenders and CRAs under what's called the Principal of Reciprocity. However, and it's a big one, this is a lot of data and lots of mistakes do happen.

Fraud information is stored on a system called CIFAS and entries would be kept with a credit report. If you have been convicted of a CIFAS related offence then it's very unlikely you'd get a job in a bank.

To go over a few of the other points in this post I was in the same position as the OP. Fell on tough times and had a single defaulted CC. It really can happen to anyone.

I got a contract a contract in London at a very large bank and spent a week bricking myself. They didn't ask for details so I didn't offer it, although I did tell the agency. They said don't worry about it and it was never a problem. That was an unsatisfied default that I was paying off. I then paid it off and got another contract at the same bank. They did a more formal check with an external company and it still wasn't a problem. As I understand it for basic bank screening they are looking at fraud or criminal behaviour. I think it also might depend on where you work. I was in HR so probably deemed low risk.

To the OP ? Don't worry, you can't change it now.

LOL. I should have read the rest of the posts - Congratulations and good luck !

Comment

Originally posted by mushairo View Post
                    What did I say?

Good luck.

Comment

Hi, apologies for reopening this thread, however, I'm in a similar situation and have a few questions.

Did you declare the defaults?

Did they mention them at interview stage?

If you could let me know, that would be great!

Congrats on getting the role btw!!

Comment

Working...
                      X