• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Faster Payment Business Banking Account recommendations...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BHicks View Post

The account isn't perfect but I don't incur any monthly charges for it and their deferred debit card is very useful for company expenses. The downside of the card is that organisations like HMRC treat it as a credit card and surcharge any online payments made using it
    I just found this out when I went to make my VAT payment. I just recently changed to CA for free banking, and now I get hit with a massive credit card fee.

Comment

Originally posted by willco View Post
      I just found this out when I went to make my VAT payment. I just recently changed to CA for free banking, and now I get hit with a massive credit card fee.
      It'll be in their terms and conditions, which you didn't read.

To be fair, I haven't read them either and I have one of the debit cards, never used it though.

Comment

Originally posted by willco View Post
        Pay a fee or wait 24hrs for a regular bank traqnsfer to go through? Such a difficult decission!

Comment

Why don't you use direct debit for your vat?

Comment

Are CA doing Faster Payments now/very soon? I thought I saw a message about it after logging in, didn't really read it though and clicked the don't show again button...

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
              Why don't you use direct debit for your vat?
              Because he doesn't trust HMRC.

If you do DD for your VAT they give you an extra 7(?) days after the end of the month to take the payment out.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Are CA doing Faster Payments now/very soon? I thought I saw a message about it after logging in, didn't really read it though and clicked the don't show again button...
                Said something about upgrading the system. I assume it's to proper faster payments.
                I deleted it too before reading properly.
                Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Because he doesn't trust HMRC.

If you do DD for your VAT they give you an extra 7(?) days after the end of the month to take the payment out.
                  Or do a bank transfer
                  Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
                    Or do a bank transfer
                    That would be too organised......
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                      Santander Business Banking - sent a payment through to my Barclays personal account last week and by the time I had immediately logged into Barclays olb, the funds had arrived. That's what I call fast !
                      Originally posted by stek View Post
                      I bank with CA and they are part of Santander UK. Personally im not particularly bothered about FP but it would be nice. I just cant be bothered with the hastle of moving banks.

Comment

Working...
                      X