• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sponsoring myself to compete in a sport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Just a thought. We are talking about this sponsorship being classed as an expense to the company so some tax advantage gained. Can you pay the sponsorship but not claim as an expense so no advantage?
    You certainly don't have to deduct an expense when calculating your taxable profit. I'm sure many of us pay for our PCG memberships through the company which isn't tax deductible. You still potentially make a saving as you don't also have to incur personal tax to get the money out of the company.

I'd still be wary of a potential BIK charge if you're sponsoring yourself though.

Comment

Working...
    X