• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beware of CV Review Tricks !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep - I got another of these about a month ago. They must be doing a new trawl. We had a thread on this in which it was concluded we'd all somehow, unknowingly, opted in to their emails. I unsubscribed and, to be fair, they stopped. However, as I am still in the same gig and haven't re-uploaded my CV to any job sites, I don't know how I managed to re-opt in. I've 'unsubscribed' again...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...solutions.html

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Yep - I got another of these about a month ago. They must be doing a new trawl. We had a thread on this in which it was concluded we'd all somehow, unknowingly, opted in to their emails. I unsubscribed and, to be fair, they stopped. However, as I am still in the same gig and haven't re-uploaded my CV to any job sites, I don't know how I managed to re-opt in. I've 'unsubscribed' again...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...solutions.html
      You should never unsubscribe from emails like that as now they know your email account is active and looked at.

Just set up your email account so they go into your spam folder.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just counted 48 emails in my spam folder from the same outfit over the period Jul '12 to Mar '13. I seem to recall there were a few missed calls coinciding with the early emails.
        No emails for 2 months now...

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
          of company "Norfolk and Chance Ltd" perchance?

Don't forget their sister company

"Suffolk and Goode"
          Blood in your poo

Comment

God, I'd never want to have an interview in Reading. Last time I was there I was nearly assaulted by the usual bums outside the train stations.
            <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
              God, I'd never want to have an interview in Reading. Last time I was there I was nearly assaulted by the usual bums outside the train stations.
              You must look like a bumpkin.

I find people in Reading generally polite especially the drivers then again if you come from London you tend to......
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                You must look like a bumpkin.

I find people in Reading generally polite especially the drivers then again if you come from London you tend to......
                Does that include the homeless gentlemen arguing over their methadone outside the station?

Comment

Working...
                X