• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where to find short term contracts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to find short term contracts?

The vast majority of contract roles on sites like Jobserve/Jobsite are 3 months minimum and full time.

Does anyone know where I could find short term contracts? e.g. where the client's requirement is for a consultant for just a few weeks and/or part time.

Originally posted by Winger View Post
    The vast majority of contract roles on sites like Jobserve/Jobsite are 3 months minimum and full time.

Does anyone know where I could find short term contracts? e.g. where the client's requirement is for a consultant for just a few weeks and/or part time.
    I get these occasionally - short term and part time. However, only with clients I already know well.

Comment

Good question. I've long thought short term contracts are a neglected area, offering potential benefits to both the contractor and the client. I've had a few very short term or part time assignments, but have found them quite difficult to come find. A couple of them were via people I'd worked with before and one was through an agency. In the Microsoft world ICS Solutions used to be worth looking at. They have (or had) a 'DreamTeam' of contractors / consultants who are intended to be assigned mostly to short term projects (e.g. days or weeks, although I've seen some longer terms ones too). I was (or even am) a member of the DreamTeam, and when I worked full time as a contractor I viewed this as a potential back up option if there was nothing more substantial available. Unfortunately whenever they had something of interest I wasn't looking. I'm now in the situation where I'm hoping not to contract full time again, but in case my other business doesn't work out I would like to keep my hand in the market by doing the odd day or two here and there.

Comment

Working...
      X