• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract at Post Office, Old Street

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract at Post Office, Old Street

Brief one ........Anyone contracted at Post Office (Old Street Offices?). Whats it like?

Thanks

Originally posted by shabs5000 View Post
    what's it like?
    Drafty in that sorting office.

Comment

BOOM! I did not see that coming!!!

So....anyone actually worked there? IN THE OFFICE

Comment

Not solubrious but ok. Last time I visited was a year ago.

Comment

Thanks Tractor

I was wondering more what the culture and working practices were like (ie times, start early/finish early?, WFH options), do they have a BOYD policy? can you dial in from home?, results/delivery based rather than hours in the office?

Generally gigs I've had have been v relaxed about the above and in general recognised that when busy most people are more than happy to pull their weight - in return client give leeway on working practices - especially for those with long journey etc.

However, 2 contracts in particular have been real knbs about being seen in the office for the hours!!! Just like a graduate job

Dont want to move from current place if its to some hell hole where they are back in the 90's!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by shabs5000 View Post
            Thanks Tractor

I was wondering more what the culture and working practices were like (ie times, start early/finish early?, WFH options), do they have a BOYD policy? can you dial in from home?, results/delivery based rather than hours in the office?

Generally gigs I've had have been v relaxed about the above and in general recognised that when busy most people are more than happy to pull their weight - in return client give leeway on working practices - especially for those with long journey etc.

However, 2 contracts in particular have been real knbs about being seen in the office for the hours!!! Just like a graduate job

Dont want to move from current place if its to some hell hole where they are back in the 90's!

Thanks
            Hi Shabs

Work in rathbone. Like anywhere will depend on who you work for. Generally people like you in the office. Very results focused with a huge transformation agenda underway so if you don't like change not the place to be. PM me if you want more info.

Oink oink....

Comment

Working...
            X