• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is gonna go badly but....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is gonna go badly but....

Had an email today re: a job in Sweden, not Stockholm tho, not really interested since I'm here till Aug but you never know, always have one eye on the market at all times....

So I go along with it, but I've left the 'expected rate' off the wee email questionnaire because it's Sweden and I know how expensive it is, how the tax people can stiff you, and what a boring place it is (outside Stockholm).

Thinking of going in at about 1000SEK a day, maybe bit less, to scare the shiite out of the agent which turns out to be another Bob at BobAgentCo - I never read the email properly...

Fully expecting him (or her) to come back with 'looking to pay around £250/day'.......

Don't you mean 10,000 SEK/day?

Comment

Originally posted by aoxomoxoa View Post
      Don't you mean 10,000 SEK/day?
      Do I?

I do!

Actually I meant 1000SEK/hr

Phew - cheers for that! Could have been working for a Bob on 10 quid at hour in the most expensive place on earth (in terms of beer prices)

Comment

Working...
      X