• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New to contracting - quick question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to contracting - quick question

Hi,

seem to have landed myself in a bit of an issue here. Need to know some information - I have been advised I have to invoice one company for my work but my contract will come from another company. Shouldn't my contract come from the company I'm invoicing?

Thanks in advance.

What does your contract say about invoicing?

Comment

I'm struggling to get a contract out of either - at the end of the first week - the warning signs are there!

Comment

Originally posted by omskus View Post
        I'm struggling to get a contract out of either - at the end of the first week - the warning signs were there before you started on site!
        Might be a little late to sort anything out to your advantage. Education can be expensive.

If you don't have a contract, what were the terms discussed? Things will depend a great deal on that. A simple question to ask yourself in this situation; If it's this difficult getting a contract out of them, how hard will it be to get the money?

Comment

Note for future...don't start a gig without a contract. They've got you by the balls now.

Comment

Yip - got the call last night - we're replacing you with someone cheaper who won't ask for a contract! Lesson learned - onwards and upwards.

Comment

Yip - got the call last night - we're replacing you with someone cheaper who won't ask for a contract! Lesson learned - onwards and upwards.
              Are you going to sue them for the week you did?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Hi,

seem to have landed myself in a bit of an issue here. Need to know some information - I have been advised I have to invoice one company for my work but my contract will come from another company. Shouldn't my contract come from the company I'm invoicing?

Thanks in advance.
                Not if the agency you're working through outsource their accounts department.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Are you going to sue them for the week you did?
                  I hope they'll pay - should do - I recorded a few calls when I realised things were going sour!

Comment

Working...
                  X