• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payment terms for Modis/Hyphen?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment terms for Modis/Hyphen?

Hi folks,

Going through the "supply us with everything bar a DNA sample" at the moment for a new gig and wondered if anybody had started any London based gigs recently with Modis/Hyphen?

If so, what were the payment terms offered and if these weren't to your liking, what did you get them amended to? Also, I see they have one of those "delightful" self-billing systems. What did you think of this in practise and did you choose to provide your own invoices instead?

My last bunch were happy to be invoiced weekly and for invoices received on a Monday, would have the money in my account for Friday. Not as fast as some, but perfectly respectable.

I have already asked for a copy of the draft contract, but until I see this and get B&C on the case, I'd be interested in the experiences of others.

BTW, they already tried the "send him an opt-out contract" wheeze, I told them (professionally) that my company wouldn't work under those terms.

Originally posted by BHicks View Post

My last bunch were happy to be invoiced weekly and for invoices received on a Monday, would have the money in my account for Friday. Not as fast as some, but perfectly respectable.
    IMO thats more than just respectable.

Comment

I was with Modis for my first contract for 3 years and was on an auto-bill from timesheet system on the Friday, pay arrived following Thursday.

Never failed bar once when person authorising was on hols and no proxy approver was available either.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
        I was with Modis for my first contract for 3 years and was on an auto-bill from timesheet system on the Friday, pay arrived following Thursday.

Never failed bar once when person authorising was on hols and no proxy approver was available either.
        Hi SM, thanks for that.

Do you mind me asking how long ago that was and if the weekly payment/timesheet was the default option offered or did you have to negotiate it?

Comment

Current gig is through Hyphen. Was asked to take an opt-out contract but got an opt-in one in the end. Only monthly payment terms were offered and their self-billing systems is actually very good, once it's all set up and running. All you need to do is fill in the timesheet and the rest is automatic. Example turnaround is client approved timesheet 19th March and money is in my account today.

Comment

Originally posted by BillHicksRIP View Post
            Current gig is through Hyphen. Was asked to take an opt-out contract but got an opt-in one in the end. Only monthly payment terms were offered and their self-billing systems is actually very good, once it's all set up and running. All you need to do is fill in the timesheet and the rest is automatic. Example turnaround is client approved timesheet 19th March and money is in my account today.
            Thanks for that, interesting stuff.

I understand what you mean regarding the self billing, but I already have an established system for this that I can run via my phone and makes giving the accountants what they need very simple. It has the ability to autogenerate draft invoices each week/month (as required) so I only need to review the draft and hit send (assuming the details are correct of course).

It also keeps my company invoice history/details in one place, not sprayed around multiple portals.

Comment

Originally posted by BHicks View Post
              Hi SM, thanks for that.

Do you mind me asking how long ago that was and if the weekly payment/timesheet was the default option offered or did you have to negotiate it?
              Finished there is 2010, and it was my first contract, so I didn't really care, but was what was on offer by default.

Went back direct late 2011 for 18 months and had another agency (COMSYS) inserted on 1 month terms, all smooth though.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I have literally just finished (last Thursday) a role with Modis (in Central London).
                I used self billing. It was fine. I got paid weekly and always on time.
                You get a PDF self bill invoice that I just supplied my accountant with each month.
                I put the contract through QDOS and it didn't need any changes, so all good.

Comment

Just finished with Modis - Self billing was fine and they paid quick - could do with automating the authorization process. I had to print the time-sheet out and get it signed where I was but as I said, once received always paid within a week.
                  Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                    Just finished with Modis - Self billing was fine and they paid quick - could do with automating the authorization process. I had to print the time-sheet out and get it signed where I was but as I said, once received always paid within a week.

Thanks for that. Was that billing/receiving payment on a weekly or monthly basis?

Comment

Working...
                    X