• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's your favourite techniques for finding new contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
    Ok here goes... I will now reveal all my secrets that have so far been able to land me good contracts with good rates. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I don't mind giving these secrets away because I believe in the knowledge being spread around. My techniques are award winning, have been highly regarded in the national press, and been practiced by thousands upon thousands of contractors worldwide.

Just follow this link and all will be revealed:

http://www.contractorsecrets.co.uk

If your web browser says "website unavailable", just keep retrying. It's probably busy due to all the other high earners using it to make a shed load of cash
    Wow, This is amazing, i never thought of some of the ideas on that site

Comment

If your web browser says "website unavailable", just keep retrying. It's probably busy due to all the other high earners using it to make a shed load of cash
      You should charge a subscription fee for this kind of information - you'd be coining it in more than being a lowly contractor!

Comment

Just because you are retiring really early in life doesn't mean you should give out all the secrets you told me to everyone.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I simply make sure I'm the last to be interviewed for the role.

A small wave of my hand, coupled with the words "They were not the contractor you are looking for" and the gigs mine.

Alex.

Comment

If you're really desperate it's pretty easy to pawn yourself on linkedin and build up a network of agents. Having said that I've since changed my mobile number because of the sheer number of (often useless) calls from agents.

I've also referred quite a few people for roles who have been successfully placed. Agent then always remembers me and calls me about new roles in my niche.

And that's the other tip - don't be generic about your skillset. Have a niche, and sell yourself as an expert in it.

Comment

Ok here goes... I will now reveal all my secrets that have so far been able to land me good contracts with good rates. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I don't mind giving these secrets away because I believe in the knowledge being spread around. My techniques are award winning, have been highly regarded in the national press, and been practiced by thousands upon thousands of contractors worldwide.

Great! Thanks! Excellent web-site, I learned a lot. I like especially the flow chart on how to go by finding a contract. In summary:

Step-1: Find a contract.
              Step-2: If you did not find a contract, go to step 1.
              My mind has gone blank. I wonder if it was always that way.

Comment

Originally posted by istvan View Post
                Step-2: If you did not find a contract, go to step 1.
                Step-2: If you did not find a contract, add your rant/moan to the "How's the market?" thread on CUK.
                Step 3: Go to step 1.

FTFY.
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  I would drop your rate or perhaps try pemie, the market is very difficult at the moment.
                  Can you just remind me of the last time the market wasn't difficult?
                  Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
                    1999?
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
                      Early 2000s for me - seemed to walk from job to job, agents always had multiple jobs to throw my way etc. Although that might have been because I was a lot more junior them and it was before offshoring seemed to really catch on
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X