• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Resignation - Not giving 'adequate' notice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look after no 1 I say....

Not cool canning a contract but would they feel guilty if it was the other way around? I doubt it. There's a plethora of clients out who can contractors/cut rates because they can.

Like I said, not ideal but I wouldn't lose a new contract over it.

Only ever done it once. It was for a 1 month contract when I was new to contracting. No interview just turn up. Job was supposed to be PC support etc when, in effect, it was putting PCs into boxes ready for shipping etc. Sod that.

Did it for 3 days, something else came up, so I told them to stick up. Well upset he was mind but I told him his fault for lying so **** off.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      I've used this as a get out clause with a client previously, they didn't want a sub so we agreed to terminate early.
      It's not great for your IR35 karma though.
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
        It's not great for your IR35 karma though.
        No, but what was great for it was not having my name on the contract anywhere. Nice to have if you can get it...
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Just talk to your manager, establish how much work there is left, and suggest a plan to achieve 4 weeks work in 2 elapsed weeks. 12 hour days and weekends. Most managers are reasonable, at least the ones I've worked for are.

Or, not that I've ever done this myself, and nor would I condone it because it could come back to bite you and is morally and ethically wrong, you could lie and say that you need to finish urgently to care for a family member, you have temporary cover for 2 weeks at home but after that you need to be there to cover a gap in nursing care. Or some other reason.

Comment

Working...
          X