• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suggest A Decent Bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggest A Decent Bank

Hi. Maybe someone can suggest a bank that does not refuse the application for a business account for no stated reason.
    Advice for anyone choosing a business account, DO NOT CHOOSE NATWEST, they are meant to get the account opened in 3-4 working days, it took 3 weeks just to be told that it was denied and they would not even give a reason.
    I have a ltd co and just want the account to pass payments from agencies, not looking for overdrafts and all the other crap. HSBC is out of the question because I ran up a debt with them. Overall my credit rating was medium last time I checked.
    What added problems are there with using a foreign bank and what bank would u suggest just for being open, processing payment, minus the overdraft and all that other ball***?
    To everyone entering this game. Don't use Natwest unless you want to be lied to, treated unfairly and then not given answeres to your questions.
    All in all Natwest are bast***s for making me wait 3 weeks just to turn me down, without returning my calls.

Got to totally agree with this. Ive been a Natwest private customer for 22 years, I then tried to open a Business Bank account with them what a ******* nightmare. 3 weeks on and Ive still not heard anything back from them, I call the supposed Business Manager and he never answers his phone, when he did (once) he said he would call back and never did. How long can it take to tell a customer if there application was successful or at least find out what the status is.

Just out of interest the bloke at Natwest you dealt with Call Ben ?

All I can say about Natwest Business Banking and there branch service is its ******* crap, totally unprofessional and incomptentent, as soon as the spotty, scruffy 19 year old Business Branch Manager at my local branch I was supisious.

Anyway still dont know if my account has been opened, but dont care anymore Im closing all my accounts with them. My dad also had problems with there business service, he had revenues going through his company account of £1mil plus a year and had been a private customer with them for many years, he left them as well in the end.

I made the mistake of apply with them as I thought it would be easy how fecking wrong could i be !
    Last edited by Ivor1; 26 June 2006, 07:23.

Comment

MyCo is with Abbey and so far I'm very satisfied with their service. I get no charges at all (I chose the Internet only option) for things like BACS payments and everything was set up and ready to go as soon as I presented them with the incorporation certificate.
      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Business Banking

I found NatWest to be a little behind with the times with regard to businesss banking (I don't think they are really interested in this sort of business - small turnovers and contractors like me expecting something for nothing

I have found Abbey to be pretty good. They have free banking to certain limits which won't suit all but are pretty generous and also a reasonable interest rate. I think this approach is quite mature as they differentiate between small, medium and large businesses rather than blanket charges across the board.

Comment

Had a friend who signed up as a sole trader with Lloyds in a few days no hitches. They have/had a deal with the first 18 moths free. Abbey also looks good, and another colleague has had some nasty experiences with Natworst.

If you're with SJD they can get you a decent deal with Cater Allen. I've heard bad things about them, but I've been with them for a year & a half and found their service excellent.

Just my 2p.

Comment

Will give Abbey a go. Cheers.

Comment

You get 3.5% interest and no charges from Cater Allen if you've got more than 10K to open it with. Not sure how hard the process is tho.
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect
                You get 3.5% interest and no charges from Cater Allen if you've got more than 10K to open it with. Not sure how hard the process is tho.
                The best thing about it is that you get through to a real human being customer service op immediately after using their freephone number, with no menus and annoying call centre robots to deal with, spewing out their scripted responses to your queries.

Comment

When are HSBC going to learn that a call centre in India is driving customers away? They need to scrap the idea and bring it back on shore!
                  Last edited by Mustang; 27 June 2006, 09:58.

Comment

I'm with HSBC Direct and have had no problems at all. They are amazingly well spoken and the line is not crackly
                    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
                    X