• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stek's Daft Question of the day.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stek's Daft Question of the day.....

If I accept a contract in Ireland, via my UK Ltd, does IR35 apply?

I think it does, but thinking a bit more (oh no!) I think it doesn't - performing a role in another country can't be disguised employment.

Please accept my apologeez for my extreme thickness in advance....

I have two opinions....

Been told by another contractor here who has done the same thing - yes it does apply.

But you're entitled to additional subsistence expenses.

If the agent is in Ireland, then no VAT is applied, if the agent is in the UK then you do apply VAT.

Hope this helps.
    GE

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      If I accept a contract in Ireland, via my UK Ltd, does IR35 apply?
      Quite possibly, depending on where you pay tax:

International contracting and IR35

And if you are taxable in Ireland, IR35 won't get you but make sure you play by the rules over there and pay your dues there otherwise the Irish taxman might come knocking one day!

Comment

Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post
        Been told by another contractor here who has done the same thing - yes it does apply.

But you're entitled to additional subsistence expenses.

Why?

Comment

No idea, but that's what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post
            No idea, but that's what he said.
            Ok, but you're not actually entitled to anything extra in legal terms. You're only entitled to whatever you negotiate in the contract, but of course the same applies for any contract, regardless of end client's locale.

Comment

Working...
            X