• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QDOS IR35 Review

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QDOS IR35 Review

Just a quickie. I couldn't find any references to a questionaire on QDOS's website when I submitted my contract for an IR35 review. I couldn't see it when I looked, just wanted to make sure I am not missing anything obvious. The reason for asking is down to Abbey Tax providing me with a questionaire every time I submit my contract for review.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    Just a quickie. I couldn't find any references to a questionaire on QDOS's website when I submitted my contract for an IR35 review. I couldn't see it when I looked, just wanted to make sure I am not missing anything obvious. The reason for asking is down to Abbey Tax providing me with a questionaire every time I submit my contract for review.
    http://shop.qdosconsulting.com/docs/....docx?sfvrsn=0

Is my best guess.

According to the blurb on the website, it should have offered you this when you purchased the product.

I only ever use their IR35 contract "assessment" facility that comes free with the PI product.

Just email them - they always seem pretty quick to respond.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Perhaps this is the difference between a basic review (of the contract) and a full review (including working practices)? I think the questionnaire refers to working practices and comes with the full review, which is slightly more expensive. The "free" review that comes with the PI is the basic one.

Comment

Re: QDOS IR35 Review

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
        http://shop.qdosconsulting.com/docs/....docx?sfvrsn=0

Is my best guess.

According to the blurb on the website, it should have offered you this when you purchased the product.

I only ever use their IR35 contract "assessment" facility that comes free with the PI product.

Just email them - they always seem pretty quick to respond.
        Thanks Nomadd. In my excitement to get things sent over, I didn't check properly. I need to slow down a bit nex time.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

We'll still happily look at your working practices as part of the more basic assessment.
          Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

I would happily recommend QDOS based on quite a few years experience with them. They have always been happy to discuss finer points with me e.g. my spoutings on moo are based upon discussions with QDOS. I can also assure readers that from experience their insurance does pay out.

QDOS - i'm expecting a renewal discount for the above
            Last edited by GB9; 3 December 2012, 09:58.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
              I would happily recommend QDOS based on quite a few years experience with them. They have always been happy to discuss finer points with me e.g. my spoutings on moo are based upon discussions with QDOS. I can also assure readers that from experience their insurance does pay out.

QDOS - i'm expecting a renewal discount for the above
              Well, drop me a PM when you're coming up to renewal and I'll see what I can do! It is Christmas after all.
              Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
                We'll still happily look at your working practices as part of the more basic assessment.
                Thanks for the comment. I've received the feedback. Some of my comments on the working practices is best guesses. I do find the comment about utilising my substitution a bit confusing. I intend on completing the work, unless circumstances beyond my control prevents me from completing it, in which case I would present a substitution to the client to complete the contract or terminate the contract on mutual grounds with the client. However, the overall feedback is a borderline pass, which is what I am happy with. I am negotiating the contract (which failed the IR35 test) with the agency which I hope to resolve soon. The changes are minor ones, I hope.

Comment

Re: QDOS IR35 Review

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                  Thanks for the comment. I've received the feedback. Some of my comments on the working practices is best guesses. I do find the comment about utilising my substitution a bit confusing. I intend on completing the work, unless circumstances beyond my control prevents me from completing it, in which case I would present a substitution to the client to complete the contract or terminate the contract on mutual grounds with the client. However, the overall feedback is a borderline pass, which is what I am happy with. I am negotiating the contract (which failed the IR35 test) with the agency which I hope to resolve soon. The changes are minor ones, I hope.
                  Good news.. after negotiation between QDOs, the agent and myself, the contract went from failed to pass. Thank you QDOS for the review

Comment

Working...
                  X