• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK citizen working in UK for Finnish company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK citizen working in UK for Finnish company

I am a newbie to the forum so would appreciate any help. I have done quite a bit of searching and have not come up with a definitive answer. I am currently a contractor with my own limited company working for two US clients and that is all working out OK. I have been approached by a Finnish company (small start up) who have a base in Finland and an office in the US but nothing in the UK. Given the nature of the work, they are happy for me to work from home in the UK and I am also a UK citizen. They would also like to have me as an employee (permie) or at least work for them on a full-time basis as an effective employee.

If I were taken on as an employee, I have no idea about how I would get paid or how I would get taxed and would appreciate any help here. I have suggested it might be easier for them if I remained a contractor for them and bill them through the company. Then I would definitely pay tax for them but again not 100% sure of the position as I might then qualify for the IR35/PAYE position as they would be my sole full-time employment.

Any help would be much appreciated.

EEmployers Social security charges

Originally posted by 806cat View Post
    I am a newbie to the forum so would appreciate any help. I have done quite a bit of searching and have not come up with a definitive answer. I am currently a contractor with my own limited company working for two US clients and that is all working out OK. I have been approached by a Finnish company (small start up) who have a base in Finland and an office in the US but nothing in the UK. Given the nature of the work, they are happy for me to work from home in the UK and I am also a UK citizen. They would also like to have me as an employee (permie) or at least work for them on a full-time basis as an effective employee.

If I were taken on as an employee, I have no idea about how I would get paid or how I would get taxed and would appreciate any help here. I have suggested it might be easier for them if I remained a contractor for them and bill them through the company. Then I would definitely pay tax for them but again not 100% sure of the position as I might then qualify for the IR35/PAYE position as they would be my sole full-time employment.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Once you become an employee the employer becomes liable for employer social security so they have a problem

Comment

Working...
    X