• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public sector stress

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public sector stress

Would you believe it? those poor public sector workers who work short hours take more time off than private sector workers, enjoy cast iron pensions and take no responsibility for the work that they (occasionally) do. It si no wonder they are stressed.

http://www.rec-con.co.uk/pages/full.php?id=676
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

They're stressed all right. They're sweating at the possibility that New Labour will not win the next election and they'll all be out on their arses.

Comment

To be fair, if you happen to be "normal", the barrage of political correct (cultural Marxism) legislation that is thrust down your throat each day could weaken your immune system.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Dodgy,

Did you once get gang raped by some public sector workers? (male)
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon
          Dodgy,

Did you once get gang raped by some public sector workers? (male)
          Yes but they were hairy females with dildos (or so they said)
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            I think I've seen the video...
            You need to get out more zeit

Comment

I am currently working @ a hmce site, and I can state for a fact that the feckers are the most laid back slackers I have ever seen in my working life. heh the work like 6 hours a day and take 2 hour breaks, actually nowadays they just spend most of the day watching football on the nice plasma tv. On the bright side Ive been told Ill be contracting there a long, long time .

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                Would you believe it? those poor public sector workers who work short hours take more time off than private sector workers, enjoy cast iron pensions and take no responsibility for the work that they (occasionally) do. It si no wonder they are stressed.

http://www.rec-con.co.uk/pages/full.php?id=676
                Local authorities have a terrible reputation for stress. It's rife with backstabbing, political correctness and negative office politics and meagre pay too. OK they may work set hours but I doubt that their working environment is conducive to good mental health.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                  Local authorities have a terrible reputation for stress. It's rife with backstabbing, political correctness and negative office politics and meagre pay too. OK they may work set hours but I doubt that their working environment is conducive to good mental health.
                  It definitely isn't. I got a screen grab posted to me the other day (because there wasnt a print button) of my council tax summons. In the background is their SAP system, Novell GroupWise and some horrible looking custom junk! No wonder it's stressful.
                  Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

I worked at hmrc for a while....absolutely shocking, worst place I ever worked. The permies had a job for life and they knew it. Worst thing was, when I left they 'randomly' did a PAYE investigation on me

Comment

Working...
                    X