• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spoof Jobs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    Richard Gibson of Noir Consulting, by any chance?
    Nope, not Mr Gibson, but I will tread carefully if I come across him in future.

Comment

Richard Gibson of Noir Consulting, by any chance?
      Hi Gentile. Funny you should say that.... whats the score here? No one ever answers the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
        Hi Gentile. Funny you should say that.... whats the score here? No one ever answers the phone.
        CV farming, I suspect. Some agencies advertise spurious jobs, then sell the CVs they get in on to less reputable job boards and agencies. I mentioned some specious 'roles' posted by this guy a while ago, that mysteriously had exactly the same unbelievable job description for just about every town and city in Britain.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          within the hour I had an interview arranged for today actually. So I thought I was right, the previous two times my CV mustn't have gone to client. Got email from agent requesting three referees, usual shiite, names, poistion and company they work for. I politely refused with the usual reasons.

An hour later agent contacted me and said interview was cancelled
          Could have been a phishing attempt with a bogus offer of an interview which would be mysteriously withdrawn once you had handed over the references. Did you have a contact name at the client for the interview or was it a bit vague?
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

CV farming, I suspect. Some agencies advertise spurious jobs, then sell the CVs they get in on to less reputable job boards and agencies. I mentioned some specious 'roles' posted by this guy a while ago, that mysteriously had exactly the same unbelievable job description for just about every town and city in Britain.
            But are Noir Consulting for real?? Has anybody contracted through them or spoken to Richard Gibson? If they never even answer the phone it all sounds suspicious to me?

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
              Could have been a phishing attempt with a bogus offer of an interview which would be mysteriously withdrawn once you had handed over the references. Did you have a contact name at the client for the interview or was it a bit vague?
              No contact at client end and it all did seem a bit quick - initial agent call to interview arrangement less than an hour!

Doesn't matter really - it's dead! Onward and upward!

Comment

Working...
              X